PLEASE READ CAREFULLY since changes have been made to Rule #11. Major changes have been made to the list of Spanish poems.
1. The maximum number of students any one school may enter is 15 per language.
2. Each student may enter only one (1) of the individual competitions of DECLAMATION, SPEECH AND PROJECT. Any student entering an individual competition can also enter SKIT or DRAMA. There is a limit of eight (8) entries for DECLAMATION, six (6) entries for SPEECH, and one (1) entry for PROJECT. Each school is allowed one (1) entry for either SKIT or DRAMA.
3. A student must enter the competition at the level at which he/she is enrolled in school, except for students qualifying for advanced levels (which include magnet students).
4. Only students currently enrolled in foreign language classes may participate.
5. Advanced Level and Classe ouverte are provided for those students at Levels V or above, and for those students with extended exposure to the language in and outside the classroom. Students in the magnet programs will only participate in Advanced levels A or B or classe ouverte américaine or française.
level A or classe ouverte
américaine: Students who are enrolled in
Levels V or above but have had no training outside the classroom and students enrolled in
a magnet program with no less than 10 hours per week.
Advanced level B or classe ouverte française: Students who have had exposure to the
outside the classroom, i.e. through parents, having lived in a country where the language is spoken
and/or participation in the I.S. program
6. . ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGES WILL BE ACCEPTED ON THE DATE OF THE COMPETITIONS.
7. Please remember that the decision of the judges will be final at all times.
8. Contestants must observe time limits in accordance with the rules of the competition or risk being disqualified. Infractions by a school could result in the whole school being disqualified.
9. In three (3) of the categories -- Declamation, Impromptu Speech and Project -- each student competes as an individual while in Skit or Drama the school competes as a group.
10. A teacher/other adult representing the school must be present at the Awards Ceremony to receive the envelope with the school results.
11. Teachers should send a copy of each participating student class schedule together with the registration form. Every student participating must have a photo ID. This includes all Middle School students as well. Students who do not comply with this rule, will not be allowed to participate in the competition.
12. The list of poems and the list of topics remain the same as last year.
If you have any additional questions, please write me at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Not all entries will necessarily place